Dear St. Dominic School Families,
After much consideration and discussion, we have made the decision to end Distance Learning for the 2019-20 school year on Friday, May 29, 2020. This is one week earlier than the original last day of school. We know for some families, this comes as a relief and yet for others, this may be a disappointment!
Some things to know:
- We will be doing a “ST DOMINIC” countdown beginning on Monday, May 18. This will replace the ABC countdown.
- There will be no school on Monday, May 25 for Memorial Day.
- May 26-May 29 will look a little different and have special activities planned.
- Attendance WILL continue to be taken every school day through May 29.
- There will still be scheduled contact time between teachers and students each day from May 26-29.
- All teachers (including specialists) will have office hours and be available the entire week of May 26-29.
- 8th grade graduation will be live streamed on Thursday, May 28 at 1:00pm, and we will ask that all students log on for this.
- We will be requesting closing conversations with each family during the week of June 1-5.
- Once we determine a final technology return plan, we will communicate this with you but please expect it during the week of June 1-5.
We will share more details about the final week of school as the week gets closer.
Have a wonderful weekend, and HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all the moms out there!
Thank you for your continued hard work, support, and understanding. You are all doing a great job!