Volunteers are an intricate part of our school, and we require all K-8 families to complete 15 hours and 10 hours for Preschool/PreKindergarten only families each school year. If you would prefer to not volunteer, there is a buy-out option of $300 per family.
- Recess Helper
- Lunchroom Helper
- Classroom Volunteer
- Hospitality Sundays
- Take an active role in one of St. Dominic School’s various committees:
- Enrollment Committee
- Development Committee
- Finance Committee
- Facilities Committee
- Athletics Committee
- Saints’ Night Out Planning Committee
- Parent School Association (PSA)
Contact the school office for more information about these opportunities!
ESSENTIAL 3 REQUIREMENTS (VIRTUS TRAINING)
All volunteers working with students must complete the Essential 3 Requirements for adults by creating a VIRTUS account. This can all be completed online.
The Essential 3 (E3) for new employees and volunteers are as follow:
- Background Check – The background check is run by an archdiocese-approved agency and provides a criminal history. This is an important step to screen out individuals who might present a danger to children and youth.
- Code of Conduct – A person must acknowledge that he or she understands and agrees to the principles and standards outlined in the code of conduct appropriate to his or her employment/volunteer or ministry.
- Safe Environment Training – VIRTUS Online Protecting God’s Children and Saint Paul-Minneapolis Reporting Suspected Child Abuse is a 75-minute online awareness training that provides information on the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Specific training is included on how to report suspected abuse in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
Questions? Contact the Safe Environment Coordinator at St. Dominic School, Claudia Bauer at email@example.com, for more information and/or to learn how to create your VIRTUS account.
Please visit the Archdiocesan Safe Environment website for more information about the Essential 3 and/or Safe Environment.