Dear St. Dominic Families,
We continue to work cooperatively with the Northfield School District regarding COVID–19, and we are sharing another update written by Superintendent, Dr. Hillman. (Please see the attached document.) We are also closely monitoring the situation ourselves by gaining pertinent information from the Archdiocese of St. Paul/Minneapolis, the Minnesota Department of Health, and the Minnesota Department of Education.
In addition to staying informed, as a school we are taking extra precautions that include but are not limited to:
- Disinfecting the entire school with a sprayer and a product that targets many things, including COVID–19.
- Regular cleaning of desktops and other classroom surfaces.
- Increased frequency and duration of handwashing among all in the building.
It is absolutely necessary to follow some basic guidelines recommended by MDH:
- Encourage frequent and thorough handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Remind your child and model frequent handwashing in your home and workplace.
- Make sure to cover coughs and sneezes.
- Use your own water bottle – do not share!
- Stay home from work and school until fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide regular updates. It is important that we all remain level-headed about this situation. In order to keep our children feeling comfortable and help them continue to learn, we must all refrain from spreading rumors and obsessing about the unknown. Please help us by taking this approach at home, too.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly. I will do my best to answer your questions.
Vicki Kalina Marvin