Good Afternoon St. Dominic School Families,
I hope everyone had a chance to collect some vitamin D and get some fresh air this weekend! I would take blue skies and sunshine every day!
We have decided to make an adjustment to the distance learning schedule, and it will go into effect this week. Rather than having specialist times at the end of each day, we are going to designate Friday as our Specialist Day. The following bullet points outline how this will work.
- Monday through Thursday will be the same schedule that we have been using, minus specialist time at the end of the day.
- Phy Ed will still have daily activities that are shared at the beginning of the week.
- Friday will be a day for Art, Spanish, Music, and STEM.
- Lessons/activities/assignments for these classes will be pushed out each Friday morning.
- Friday will also be a day for catching up on leftover work from the week and 1:1s with teachers if needed/wanted.
- Each Specialist Teacher will have designated office hours through Zoom, and students can ask questions “in person” during those times.
- 9-11am – Ms. Kelly, Mrs. Cunningham, and Mr. B
- 12-2pm – Mrs. VanRoekel and Ms. Kelly
- Homeroom Teachers will be available through Zoom throughout the day, as well.
What does a Friday look like for students?
9:00am – Morning announcements with Mrs. Marvin
Meeting ID: 311 150 683
9:05/9:10 – Morning meetings with homeroom teachers
9:00-11:00 – Suggested time to work on Art and Spanish
12:00-2:00 – Suggested time to work on Music and STEM
Other activities/lessons: We will also be sharing additional lessons that can be done throughout the day on Fridays. These will include wellness, mindfulness, and counseling lessons.
*There will be no afternoon check-in with Homeroom Teachers on Fridays but Homeroom Teachers will be available throughout the day on Zoom or email.
The teachers will be talking with students about the change in schedule this week. Our hope is that this will relieve some pressure throughout the week and give ample time to specialist classes. We also think having a day to catch up and touch base with all teachers will be helpful.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your child’s teacher or me.
Have a wonderful week,