As you know, St. Dominic School will be closed until May 5 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result of the extended closure of our traditional school setting, St. Dominic School has developed a distance learning framework to support this process based on our school’s mission to inspire children to excel as confident leaders, critical thinkers and responsible citizens in a Catholic values-based community.
DISTANCE LEARNING: The MN Department of Education defines distance learning as the following: “Students engaging in distance learning have access to appropriate educational materials and receive daily interaction with their licensed teacher(s).” Students are expected to be online each day, interacting with their teacher, and engaging in learning.
All School Parent News & Notes (LINK THESE TO GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS ON WEBSITE)
Learning Board Resources
Teacher Contact Information
Teachers will have office hours from 8:30-2:30 Monday thru Friday. Messages on school voicemail will be forwarded to teachers each day.
- Preschool: Amanda Rauenhorst
- Prekindergarten: Anna Wagner
- Kindergarten: Jackie Chatelaine
- 1st Grade: Jane Jeffrey
- 2nd Grade: Janet Sletten
- 3rd Grade: Jed Mcguire
- 4th Grade: Stephanie Balvin
- 5th Grade: Andrea Peterson
- Middle School: Lori Beumer
- Middle School: Kelli Helgeson
- Middle School: Jennifer Klaers
- Spanish: April Cunningham
- Physical Education and Health: Nick Bornhauser
- Art and STEM: Kelly Lynn Stanton-Nutt
- Music: Melodi Van Roekel
1st – 8th Grade Daily Schedule
|8:00 – 9:00am||Teacher Prep Time and Individual Contact Time|
|9:00 – 9:30am||Morning announcements (Mrs. Marvin) and Morning Meeting (teachers)|
|9:30 – 11:00am||Morning learning time (math and literacy)|
|11:00 – 11:30am||Religion and prayer before lunch
Wednesday will be a link to the daily Mass by Fr. Bob
|11:30 am – 12:30pm||Lunch and Free Time|
|12:30 -1:30pm||Quiet time/Screen-free time|
|1:30 – 1:40pm||Afternoon check-in with teachers (link from teacher)|
|1:45 – 2:30pm||Afternoon learning time (social studies, science, etc.)|
|2:30 – 2:45pm||Bathroom break, snack, etc.|
|FRIDAY SCHEDULE:||8:00-9:oo am: Teacher Prep Time and Individual Contact Time
9:00 am: Morning announcements (Mrs. Marvin) and Morning Meeting (teachers)
9:15 – 11:ooam: Art, Spanish, PhyEd
12:00 – 2:oopm: Music, STEM
*Each Specialist Teacher will have designated office hours through Zoom, and students can ask questions “in person” during the times listed above.
**Homeroom Teachers will be available through Zoom throughout the day, as well.
|Special Education services will be provided at scheduled times with individual students and their families.|
Notes regarding school day:
The provided schedule is what teachers will use as a framework for their days. You are welcome to create your own schedule, but please note the following:
- Kindergarten has adjusted the schedule above. Please contact Jackie Chatelaine with questions.
- Relationships first. Always. If this is causing a breakdown of a relationship in your house, please reach out to us for guidance.
- This schedule is for kindergarten through 8th grade.
- Preschool and Pre-k parents should watch for communication from Mrs. Rauenhorst and Mrs. Wagner.
- Daily morning announcements will begin at 9:00 am, followed by Morning Meeting with homeroom teachers. (We are hopeful this will be live but also recorded.)
- There will be a brief daily check-in with homeroom teachers at 1:30 pm. (We are hopeful this will be live but also recorded.)
- Some lessons will be live and recorded and some will only be pre-recorded.
- Teachers will be available from 8:00 am – 2:30 pm by email or by appointment for a phone call.
- Specialists will begin during week 2.